Creators
◂ Back

Roznan

Italian, 1939 - 1996

While working at the Fabris china and porcelain factory in Milan, Giovanni Ronzan met Mrs. Elena Konig Scavini who was scouting for young talented artisans to assist her in opening her new factory. The factory was Lenci. Ronzan was hired as Lenci’s first production manager.

In 1939 Giovanni, his brothers and a close friend, Giovanni Cecchetto, opened their studio in Turin. Almost immediately the public discovered the charms of Ronzan pieces, many of which were influenced by Lenci. In 1942, during the war, Ronzan relocated the factory to Bassano, his birthplace. In 1949, Ronzan decided to reopen the Turin factory to produce items of a religious and devotional theme. The Bassano factory was renamed Ronzan & Cecchetto and later changed to Ronzan & Sons.